The $15K Business Boost Grant
What You Need To Know
On the 15th of July, the Queensland government’s Business Boost Grants Program pre-launch information was released. This particular grant program is available for small businesses to apply for if they are eligible.
Online applications will open at 9am on Friday 30 July 2021. The application form will be only available on this date and as with the previous Business Basics Grant, applications will close when they have received enough applications to make a competitive assessment.
When the (previous) Business Basics grant opened to receive applications on the 31st of May 2021 at 9.30am, it only took a few short hours for the applications to reach a maximum, therefore it is essential that if you wish to apply for the Business Boost Grant you MUST be prepared!
Unlike the previous grant, this funding requires a CO-CONTRIBUTION of 30% of the total project cost. This means that if your activity costs equal $12,000.00 in total for example, you will need to provide $3,600.00 of the project costs. The minimum allowable amount of your total project cost is $10,715.00.
How Do I Know If I Am Eligible?
To Be Eligible:
- Your business must have fewer than 20 employees
- Your business must be registered for GST
- Your business must have an active Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Your business must have Queensland headquarters
- Your business has a publicly reachable web presence to identify business operations (e.g. business website and/or social media pages)
- Your business must have had a turnover of between $300,000.00 (minimum) and $600,000.00 (maximum) in the last financial year (2020–21)
- You must not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are an undischarged bankrupt
What Activities Are Eligible For This Grant?
You can check the full list on the website and we can provide a formal quotation for
that is suitable and ready to attach to your grant application, then let us know so we can provide this for you in enough time. We can also provide some help with understanding the guidelines and how our services work with the grant guidelines, free of charge.
They also provide a list of ineligible project activities so be sure to check them out too.
How Do I Apply?
Before the open date you should start preparing your application.
- Read all the key documents listed
- Check your eligibility
- Prepare your application – you will need a statuary declaration that states your turnover and that you meet all the eligibility criteria. You will also need to include supplier quotes (no more than 2)
- Start the online application when it opens.
As with any grant process, nothing is guaranteed, however to give yourself the best chance and being successful and being able to give your business the boost it deserves, you should start preparing now.
We are more than happy to answer any questions about how our services can work with this grant and how we can help you reach your goals, so just reach out!
Are you ready to invest in your own
Custom Brand & Website Design
It would be our pleasure to illuminate your brand and make your business shine.
We would be honoured to work with you.
Please complete the form below and one of our friendly team members will get in touch to schedule a free consultation.
Based on Queensland's Sunshine Coast, we serve clients locally, throughout Australia and globally. Lumina is passionate about your business success through the highest standards in bespoke brand & website design. Feel the confidence in choosing the right team to illuminate your brand and create the best results for your business.
SEO & GOOGLE ADS